View Single Post
08-02-2012, 02:25 PM
It never happened.
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Troy, Ohio
1. Someone will step up. Be it Atkinson, Johansen, or someone else. I'll use the 1992-1993 Hartford Whalers to illustrate my point. In 91-92, the Whale points leader was John Cullen with 77 points. A young man by the name of Geoff Sanderson was a rookie that year and scored 13 goals. The next season, Cullen was traded. That same year, Sanderson exploded with 46 goals and 89 points. Of course, it helped that Andrew Cassels and Pat Verbeek had good chemistry with him and also put up a lot of points. I just remember in high school thinking "wow, where did this Sanderson guy come from?" I'm not saying a Jacket will experience the same level of "breakoutness" as Sanderson had that year, but I'm predicting
will step up and surprise us.
2. We, the fans, will like this team. I'm not going to predict number of wins or likelihood of playoffs, but I think we'll see an entertaining product on the ice.
3. The Jackets will not have as many man-games lost to injury as last season. Knock on wood.
4. Rimer or Davidge try to be clever with Anisimov's name. Something like "Anicemove by Anisimov" or "Weneedsomemore Anisimov."
5. Someone else gets the captaincy, but Dubinsky becomes a big-time team leader.
89 posts in five years? Man, I suck.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by whalerjacket