View Single Post
Old
08-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Reign Nateo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
It's not just me. There's probably no more unpopular player that's ever played for the Predators, and that includes Alexander Radulov.

While I wasn't in the lockerroom, his "leadership" was repeatedly called out by Trotz, culminating in the captaincy being stripped and given to Shea Weber. He was told "you can play out the year like this, at which point we're not going to resign you, or we can trade you now," which is the option he chose.

Arnott's time in nashville was marked by sitting out games as he chose, sulking over icetime or criticism, and having a knack for showing up against lesser teams, while disappearing against quality competition.

I know I'm coming off as bitter fan that misses an old player, but do a search on the Predators board for Arnott and compare the comments there about other ex Predators...Hartnell or Timonen, for example. There's a lot of history.
Fair enough, appreciate a reasoned response, was more curious than anything as I haven't heard much hate for Arnott in his career outside of Nashville.

To me there just isn't enough evidence to condemn the guy as a bad leader or trouble in the locker-room. Again, you don't last almost 20 years in the NHL if you're that hard to deal with. Let's not forget, and you as a Preds fans can attest to this, Barry Trotz doesn't exactly gel with everyone.

Personally I'd happily take my chances on Arnott one a cheap, 1 year deal as a bottom 6 centre. The Canucks aren't looking for leadership. Arnott strikes me more as a guy like Bertuzzi that comes off a bit bristly, but that doesn't mean he's hated in the room. Quite the opposite in Bertuzzi's case... And I'd be willing to be Jason's as well.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote