View Single Post
Old
08-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I guess. I've never been a big Olsen fan, and find that prospects are just grossly overrated on HF. People always look at them and see an eventual NHL player that is better than the prospect actually turns out to be.

He's a very expendable roster piece, and very easily replaced. The Hawks have other capable defensemen in the pipeline too... it's just unnecessary to keep every single prospect you ever draft. That was just the way I was looking at it. It would be worth it. I'm not sure everyone realizes how big of an upgrade Boyle would actually be... he's good at just about everything the Blackhawks (as a team) are weak at.
Olsen is our only NHL ready D prospect. All the others are still 2 years away. Olsen can be seen as our depth and he is a good prospect. He looked OK and not out of place in his few NHL games - which is good for a rookie.

We could trade a lot of our prospects, no problem with it. You just don't trade your best D prospect for a bottom 6 player that will not be a Top6 player

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote