View Single Post
08-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Join Date: Apr 2007
1. Ryan Murray will stay for 9 or fewer games and will be sent back to the Dub. Only because we have the luxury to do so with him. ('13-14 prediction: Murray comes in next season for the full year and is solid as a rock.)
2. One of our top 4 defensemen (JJ, Wiz, Nikitin, Tyutin) has a bad year, but one of Moore, Erixon, or Savard fills in more than adequately as the season progresses.
3. Brassard leads the team in points (!)
4. Umberger leads the team in goals with 28. Dubinsky, Brassard, and Foligno all break 20 goals as well.
5. There will be at least a month-long stretch of a patchwork forward corps (well, more so than it already is
I think this team is the most reminiscent of the inaugural roster in the sense that I feel a lot of the guys are seen as castoffs or afterthoughts from their former teams, or if they've been here long enough, don't give much reason to believe they can do much better. There's gonna have to be a lot of over achieving this year. The difference, though, is that most guys are still in their primes, whereas the inaugural club had a lot of aging journeymen.
View Public Profile
Ludicrous Speed's albums
Find More Posts by Ludicrous Speed