View Single Post
Old
08-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

vCash: 500
This is definitely Weber's final chance with this team. He showed good things last season in the first 15 games or so. He was doing what we expected him on the Powerplay and he was playing good defensively. He was outplaying Subban at that stage and then I don't know what happened, might have been an injury or him getting benched by Martin but after that he wasn't the same and he started playing like the Weber we've been seeing in the last two years. Some people have to realize that he's the same age as Subban and that normally defensemen take longer to develop than any other position. He has some interesting tools and could still become a light version of Streit. But he has to change a couple of things on how he plays. He has to stop calling for the puck on the PP only to hesitate to shoot at the last minute and pass it back to his D partner. His positioning defensively is average but he absolutely has to be paired with another defenseman who plays a rugged game and clears the net because that's where Weber struggles the most imo. He's strong enough to hold his own behind the net and beside the boards to break the play and he doesn't really shy away from contact either. The thing is all of our current NHL defensemen are ahead of him on the depth chart and Diaz is what Weber should be in a couple of years so he doesn't have that going for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price2Pleks View Post
Package him a bunch of crap for a 2nd line winger.(Bourque, 2nd,etc)
Those kind of posts make me laugh. You just said it yourself, what you're offering is crap so why would a team be willing to deal a top 6 forward for that package. If offer you some mac and cheese with McDonalds fries along with a half empty bag of Doritos would you give me a 16 oz steak? Hell no. It's the same for GMs when they get offered other people's crap.

Chris Cutter is online now   Reply With Quote