View Single Post
Old
08-02-2012, 05:37 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
THis surprised me as well. He's a former 1st rounder that is now 24 and has yet to play an NHL game. I get the argument that he hasn't made the Kings due the depth on the blueline but I think all of Forbort, Muzzin, Gravel, Campbell and Roach have better chances of making the Kings before Hickey does at this point. I think all those others have the inside track just due to size and being mostly defensive D-men which is somtehing the Kings will need in the next few years.
Hickey is 23 actually. Another factor to consider is he's misses essentially a season due to injury, so in a development standard, he's more like 22, which is a normal age for a defenseman to make the NHL. He's still behind development standards for a 4th overall pick for sure, but he's hardly a bad prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
This! That's why Hickey at 5 is so surprising to me. Even with the season that Hickey had in the AHL this past year I'd certainly put more than 5 prospects in front of him. Heck I'd argue putting 4 d-men prospects in Forbort, Muzzin, Campbell, and Gravel in front of him...
I'm a Campbell supporter for sure myself, but no way I'd have him ahead of Hickey. I can understand the love for the others, just not Campbell. He'll be an NHLer I think though.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote