View Single Post
Old
08-02-2012, 10:42 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Dover View Post
I'm seeing too much James Neal in here. I know he had a good year and all, but he just seemed so unimpressive whenever I watched him. Im wondering if people are just stat-watching when it comes to him, or they really believe he can be a top line winger on the team.

I don't get it - he's fine and everything, but we don't get to take as many athletes as we think are good - one person on keeps another person off...and there are too many players more justifiably included than Neal for him to keep people off.

Also - going back to the question of who we send if NHL players can't go - above, i casually responded that we'd send our World Junior team...and then, later thought about my response more and thought "can't be serious"

to give context to my response, lillehammer popped into my head and i was thinking "who did we send then"...and for some reason, I thought of Paul Kariya, who had played in WJC the year *before*...and for some reason i mentally translated that into "we sent our world junior team to Lillehammer". Oops

But that's a good question...who do we send? I'm assuming that NHL will be in Sochi, b/c I think there would be too much drama with the Russian players if the NHL said no (particularly in light of the fact the NHL played in the c-a-n-a-d-a olympics). A more interesting question is whether the NHL would be enthused about sending players to South Korea...they were okay with Nagano - so maybe same deal?