Thread: The "new" NHL
View Single Post
Old
04-25-2006, 03:44 PM
usual suspects

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo
Actually, it's a detriment to teams that were constructed in the name of size, physicality, and puck control which seems to be the real reason why you're angry. The Buffalo/Philly series is far from over, but at this point I think criticism would be better directed toward Bobby Clarke who continues to acquire a certain brand of player. The league has introduced a new framework in which every team is adjusting. It's the organization's responsibility to use insight when making those adjustments.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I had this convesation this morning with a couple Flyer fans in my office. They feel the same way.

The physical play is still there, there have been some great hits. (Ask RJ) I agree though there have been some bad calls but that's not anything new even under the "old" rules. Bad calls is always happen, get used to it. If you can't skate you can't play, the slow and stong player is being replaced with the fast, strong and creative player. The Flyers have skilled and fast players but there are some players who are a liability because they are not. The teams with the best balance will suceed.I just think there are too many powerplays but this is year 1 and teams will be built to better play within the newer rules unlike other teams. I understand if you are frustrated, hey Im a Bruins fan.

usual suspects is offline   Reply With Quote