Thread: Speculation: Press conference for signings?
View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Feaster is not the coach, and to be frank he is not a hockey guy. For all we know, Hartley may want to use Cervenka as a winger. That's great if he signed him based on the expectation that he has the potential to fill that role. But even our GM has no idea if he is going to center our top line.

I'd be ecstatic if it worked out that way, but let's see this guy play an NHL game before we label him anything big Jay.
This is just wrong. I understand he might not be one of the best in the business, but the man knows hockey.
What really qualifies you to "be a hockey guy?"

Yes, he didn't play competitive hockey, or coach a team... but the man worked for years in Hershey, was the GM of a Stanley Cup Championship team, and is now the GM of the Calgary Flames. He is surrounded by "great" hockey minds, and is studying the game.

Feaster knows his stuff, and is a very intelligent man. You don't have to play the game to understand it. (yes it helps, but its the be all, end all.)

Anyways, sorry for the rant... I just hear that from so many people, and think it's just a silly statement .

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote