View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Flyerfan808

vCash: 500
Update: Haven't played Diablo 3 in about a month now and as someone who played D2 off and on for almost 7 years I really expected a lot more out of D3. Yet, 2.5 months later here I sit, with no impulse to play it at all. I attribute this to 3 things:

1) The rediculous state of the item economy.
2) The constant nerfing of stats and loot.
3) The rediculousness of certain monsters+affix combos.

Somewhere along the line the game became more like a job than an enjoyment. You get to a point in the game where natural upgrades do not drop and only the top .1% of the gear you find is actually WORTH selling. You get to a point where in order to get a +5 intelligence upgrade on your helmet costs 30M gold. Which wouldn't be so bad, if the game was actually "FUN." Instead you're forced to either do one of 2 things: Farm Act I Inferno with rediculous magic find (which they're nerfing), or Farm Act III and IV and consistently get your ass handed to you by rediculous monster affixes.

The disappointment I feel from how bad the end game of Diablo 3 actually makes me feel relieved. Before this game came out, I was worried that I might get too caught up in it. 2.5 months later I have no desire to play it anymore. In some ways I feel relieved and can focus my time in other things. Like my band, work, NHL12/NHL13, and banging women.

I don't know why I am posting this here... except to declare how utterly awful this game is to those who would unknowingly plunge themselves into it. To those of you who have not dove into this pit of despair, as someone with over 150 hours I will tell you: It's fun for the first 80 hours or so, once get to AII inferno the game is just plain not fun anymore. In fact, I have more fun reading the D3 forums than I do playing their ****ing game.

In other news, I am looking forward to FF13 Versus if Square ever decides to release it.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote