View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 06:12 AM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Blue View Post
I made the conscious decision that my team was not going to win this year with Pitt acquiring Parise as a rental, does not mean I made a mistake. Would I have liked to win of course, but trades were made that made that impossible.
I may not be drunk, but that seems dangerously close to an insult to the teams remaining: you're saying no team has a chance, that Pittsburgh will win with Parise, so give up Detroit, Chicago and Toronto. If only you were as wise as the Ducks GM and traded away veterans rather than try the impossible.

In contrast, I was saying your Ducks team was good enough that it MIGHT have gone to the conference finals if not all the way, that's how impressed I was, and how surprised I was that you traded away what turned out to be a hot duo: Selanne 1st in league scoring, Visnovsky 2nd in assists. They might have played that hot on your squad to. And with the other talent you have, your team could have been cup contenders. THAT is what I am saying. I am NOT saying it was unwise to make the trade, ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, just WHAT IT COST YOU. You can deny that the trade may have cost you a better chance at the cup, that your team might have gone all the way. That's your opinion.

By the way, our teams didn't go just as far. Mine went to game seven overtime against the top seed. Yours bowed out earlier in the round to a lesser seed. And yeah, the trade helps your team down the road.