Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Ryan Callahan "C" (17)
Marian Gaborik (22)
Brad Richards "A" (19) + 2 = 21

Dan Girardi (40)
Ryan McDonagh (42)
Marc Staal "A" (43) - 2 =41

Henrik Lundqvist (64)

I wasn't trying to take anything away from Staal's abilities, I just don't see how a guy who is #3 on the depth chart can be deemed that "valuable". Again, the Rangers had a 29-3-4 record without him last season. I think he's probably the "least valuable" of the players left.
If you think because the team went 29-3-4 while Staal was out makes him the least valuable then you're just plain ignorant. He was their best defensemen up until the concussion. Went up against the best players in the world night in and night out. He is still the most valuable. He has the best size and reach in his own end. He breaks up the most plays. It took him awhile to get back to playing his best game, but you saw it in the ECF against the devils. He was our best defenseman regardless of what the stats were between the 3 of them (I have not looked). He was even very good in the washington series. He is still our most valuable defenseman. He is not #3. He should be looked at as the #1 guy as he had been before the concussion because as long as he plays the way he did in the playoffs he is your #1. Having Girardi and McDonagh make our defensive 6 deeper, not the other way around.

Ryan Callahan "C" (17)
Marian Gaborik (22)
Brad Richards "A" (21) +2 (23)

Dan Girardi (40) -2 (38)
Ryan McDonagh (42)
Marc Staal "A" (41)

Henrik Lundqvist (64)

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote