View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 09:55 AM
johnniewalker

vCash: 500
Just saw an article on the front page of ESPN where they had a few writers picking their ultimate starting 6. Two of the three of them picked Stamkos at center. One picked Malkin.

That is fine, but this comment (from Tim Boughton whoever that is) got me fired up:
Quote:
At center, I'm going to go a little more conventional. Although he is easily one of the top 10 players in the league, every time I watch him play, I still think he is underrated: Evgeni Malkin. The guy is basically unmovable when he has the puck and he stickhandles like a smaller guy. I'll take him every day over Sidney Crosby -- oooh, big deal, Sidney, you dented up your parents' drier shooting pucks into it; Malkin wouldn't have damaged the drier because all his shots go in. (Not sure why I'm suddenly hating on Sidney Crosby, but I'm just tired about hearing about him when Neal and Malkin are just as good in different ways.
I feel like Crosby's dominance over the league has faded in peoples' minds while he has been on the shelf for that year and a half. I can't wait to watch him drop a deuce on the league over the course of this season and re-establish himself as a dominant center in the NHL.

I am hoping he puts up a 50+ goal, 120+ point season and returns to where he was just before his concussion for a whole season.

johnniewalker is offline   Reply With Quote