View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 10:07 AM
hockey365

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
Scenario one to NSH: You ARE DREAMING if you think NSH trades Weber for that package let alone...THEY CANT THIS YEAR...do some research before posting...

Scenario two to Philly: We give up a top pairing dman at the age of 22 who already averages close to half a game in minutes and puts up 35+ points...fights...hits...excellent pker...booming shot....great break out pass...great hitter...and electric skater for a freaking late first and a 2nd liner/3rd liner

Chris Chelios got us Denis savard who consistenly put up 50+ points and we still GOT FLEECED... you are even thinking of trading subban for simmonds who has never cracked 50 on WAY better teams....

Subban would have to either be traded for couturier/schenn plus or subban plus for giroux and THATS THE ONLY way we consider it... lets not even think of the BLACK HOLE it leaves on our defense...

terrible terrible trades
My point is, if the 2013 draft pans out to be anything remotely close to the 2003 draft year, rather tank this year to come back strong in 4 yrs. Especially this year, we have a GM who (so far) has proven he knows what he's doing in terms of drafting.

Late first round pick you can get another D like Morin or Nikita Zadorov, plus your early 1st round pick should give you a blue-chip offensive threat. You're looking at what you're losing and not what you're gaining.

Plus, it seems to me that the head office does not consider Subban for long term, they've put a 2 yr contract infront of him and are sticking to their guns. I cannot say why, but if you don't see Subban for the long run, why not trade him asap, instead of waiting at the last minute.

Don't get me wrong, I love everything Subban brings to the table, the good, the bad and the ugly!

Yeah, Simmons and Talbot were not my 1st choice, but Phili will NEVER give up the players you've mentionned. Other teams have tried to get them, Phili told them where to go!

Last edited by hockey365: 08-03-2012 at 10:14 AM.