Thread: News Article: ESPN Insider Rangers article
View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 11:29 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I don;t think Yogan is ready yet. I think he has at least half of a good season in the AHL away from getting the call. He needs to stay healthy to do that though. I like Yogan but only time will tell what we get out of him.

Of course it would be nice to add another top 9 power forward type who will stick up for their teammates but i don;t think it will make a difference between this team winning a cup or not. They have enough guys, imo, that can stick up for players. I mean if that was such a concern around the NHL you'd have at least one guy who will drop the gloves on each of your top 3 lines. But you don't see that. You barely see it on the 3rd line. If they want to add such a player i'm sure there will be something at the deadline available. I, myself, still hold out hope for Iginla at the deadline as a rental. He can go back to CGY after the year is over.
I just know that just by looking around the division most of the teams have those types of players. I also know that they are invaluable to a team and that I envy the fact that the Flyers have both Simmonds, the Penguins have Kunitz, the Devils have Clarkson. Those players are difficult to play against because they can do it all.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote