View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 11:42 AM
lush
@jasonlush

vCash: 500
Ferraro had some comments on the morning show this morning about Arnott. He said that he's in really awesome shape so I don't think there's any issues there. He was injured late in the season in St. Louis and by their series against LA Arnott was struggling to reach the play and keep up with things on the ice. He ended the season in the press box.

Hopefully there is some transparency there between him and Gillis and the reason for his slumped play was due to injury. Ferraro said it's really up to Arnott as to whether he wants to try and put himself into the top 6 of a crappy team and make some money or go for the cup and take a support role on a team like the Canucks.

As for the dressing room, Ferraro said there were some issues in Nashville really because Arnott was a loud vet and guys like Weber & Suter, etc. were all younger and emerging as leaders still. I don't really know much about that situation but Nashville decided to get younger and Arnott was out of the picture. This type of thing seems to happen though when teams are rebuilding and have leaders who may or may not be long term core players.

Ferraro concluded that there's really no way Arnott would disturb the Canucks room, a guy like that doesn't join a contending team where the dressing room dynamics are clearly working and assert that things will be his way. He just shuts up and tries to fit in and does his job.

EDIT: Ferraro also mentioned that he thinks 2.5 is about what you'd pay the guy for a short term deal, so if we did get him for 1.2 I have to consider that a steal.

lush is offline   Reply With Quote