Thread: News Article: Rebound by Miller among 6 questions
View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Der Jaeger

vCash: 500
1. He could get close. It's hard to maintain that quality of play without a team built to support the goaltender. Buffalo isn't. Some goalies can do it regardless (Hasek), but I don't consider Miller in that league. But Buffalo's collapsing, passive defensive style allows Miller to see lots of easy shots... if the defense is playing well.

2. I'd say no to both, but I wouldn't bet anything on any answer.

3. I think he can be. I'm highly interested in how his skating is coming out of Camp Roberts. Besides that, his instincts and passing/puckhandling point to someone capable of handling the job.

4. I say Leino disappoints again. He's a supporting player whose play is determined by his linemates.

5. I think McNabb starts in Rochester, and I think that's good. He'll come up for injuries. If Leopold is traded at the deadline, he should come up for good.

6. They'll be tougher but won't be the Bruins. I don't think they need to be as tough as the Bruins, though. They need to be tough enough to be able to fight through tougher teams. The Sabres of the late 1990's weren't overly "tough" in terms of size and hitting, but they played with an edge and could skate through a lot of physical play - watch Buffalo play Philly in the playoffs for proof of that.

The "toughness" injection will be enough when Girgensons, Grigorenko, Armia, and McNabb are regulars. Girgensons and McNabb initiate physical play, and I think Grigorenko and Armia can play effectively through physical play.

Same theme- wait till 2014!

Der Jaeger is online now   Reply With Quote