Thread: Speculation: Press conference for signings?
View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
This is just wrong. I understand he might not be one of the best in the business, but the man knows hockey.
What really qualifies you to "be a hockey guy?"

Yes, he didn't play competitive hockey, or coach a team... but the man worked for years in Hershey, was the GM of a Stanley Cup Championship team, and is now the GM of the Calgary Flames. He is surrounded by "great" hockey minds, and is studying the game.

Feaster knows his stuff, and is a very intelligent man. You don't have to play the game to understand it. (yes it helps, but its the be all, end all.)

Anyways, sorry for the rant... I just hear that from so many people, and think it's just a silly statement .
I won't dispute this post, you make good points. However, Feaster has admittedly said that he is not a hockey guy (sorry I don't have a link). And IMO there's nothing wrong with that. Feaster is a student of the game as you say, and he has surrounded himself with hockey people.

I am a General Manager of a Wholesale store and I majored in business. Both of the owners where I work have the same background in business, and neither of us have specialized in the trade of the industry we are in. We have hired people in the industry that are experts and rely on them heavily and learned lots from them about their trade. We focus on running the business side of things and everything works extremely well. This is kind of how I see the Flames being run.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote