Thread: News Article: Rebound by Miller among 6 questions
View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Blitz
GONNA TAKE ReinHART

vCash: 500
1. Can Ryan Miller return to the form he showed in 2009-10, when he was the best goaltender in the world?

Honestly, I can't see it - but a solid defensive group in front of him could provide the same result with a slightly lesser Ryan Miller.

Quote:
2. Will either (or both) of this year's first-round picks make the team?

Grigorenko has an outside chance, but may not stick for the whole year. Girgensons will play this year in the AHL.

Quote:
3. Can Cody Hodgson be the No. 1 center?

No, Cody is not quite ready yet. This is still an issue Buffalo needs to address. Hodgson could likely serve as a #1a/b, however with nobody to mirror him, the lack of support could be disasterous.

Quote:
4. Which Ville Leino will the Sabres see this season -- the 2010 playoff star who earned a six-year, big-money deal from the Sabres, or the one who never got it going in his first season in Buffalo?

My prediction is a 15-20G Leino who spends a good chunk of time on the PK. A lot like Hecht 2yrs ago. Haters are still gonna hate, but I would be happy with that out of Ville.

Quote:
5. Who will be the odd man/men out on defense?

Adam Pardy will not figure into the plans for this year in Buffalo. McNabb will get his shot at either the first injury, or when Leopold is dealt. Weber`s road may also have come to an end in the Queens city.`

Myers-Sekera
Ehrhoff-Sulzer
Regehr-Leopold
X. McNabb, Brennan, Weber
XX. Pardy

Quote:
6. Will the Sabres' makeover into a "tough" team work?

It will certainly help when dealing with the Boston`s and the Philly`s of the league. However guys like Scott are not gonna see a lot of time.

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote