View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
Bobby Ryan was clearly playing at his best ability alongside Getzlaf and Perry. That's where he belongs, he's a first line player.
I am not sure if he was playing at his "best ability" with them. I actually doubt that. He was playing at his best production, and at better ability than he was last year, but when they were re-united, that wasn't overly impressive, either. And I don't think "first line player" really means a lot. He'll see enough time on the ice. A top player impacts the game when he's on the ice, independent on what number that line currently has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Bobby shouldn't be punished for the team's lack of depth. He works best with Getzlaf and Perry and it's not his fault if the second line suffers as a result.
It's not a punishment. And they haven't been working that well, at all. If they kept working the way they did a year ago, I am not sure we'd be having this discussion. When they aren't on, they are not a very good line, and all three of them are wasted. And they haven't been on as a line nearly enough recently to make up for the lack of depth we're creating by forcing them together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Bobby scores more even strength goals on this team than anybody and that deserves first line minutes.
Playing apart from Getzlaf/Perry doesn't automatically mean he'll see less minutes than those. There's always shifts they'll be together. But just that even-strength-production from Ryan is something we can really need, and we need it even moreso coming from a different line.