View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 01:45 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
I know people making 70k after 2 years post-graduation, usually with a bank. But, not everyone makes that much that fast. The median is somewhere around the 50k mark. Engineers easily make more.
I know someone who made 60K+ WHILE in school. (if they did 40 hours a week, they were accomodated for school and did less)...and yes, it's with a bank.

Engineers out of school make about 40-50k. It doesn't really go up 20K in 2 years. For the amount of work we do we get shafted pretty hard. The only benefit of my particular degree is I can end up doing a business related career quite easily but it's unlikely(to impossible) Business students would qualify for engineering. It really depends what field you go into. **** like accounting(lucky you) and finance do relatively well. If you get your CA which any accounting student should aspire to do, you'll be relatively better off. What makes it interesting is, 3 years of Business+1 year of CA grad(prep or classes, dunno)=4 years of school and a good salary. 4 years of engineering=less than a CA. Kind of what I mean by getting shafted a bit. I think even a M.Eng makes less than a CA but I could be wrong.

------------------------------------

I'm doing some JMSB classes actually, curious if anyone has ever taken MANA 300? I'm tempted to take it. It's 2 from BTM 480, BTM 430 and MANA 300.

BTM 430 Enterprise Resource Planning and Information Technology Integration
BTM 480 - Project Management
MANA 300 - Entrepeneurship: Launching your own business

They all interest me and I think BTM 480 is a given but not sure on others.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote