View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 02:09 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Of course there will be injury callups at some point but I don't expect anything long term. Armstrong for instance I expect to get injured at some point and he will likely be replaced by Leblanc or Palushaj. I doubt we'll see Gallagher unless he really lights it up in the AHL. On defense however we probably won't see a call-up for more than a few games, we'd need 3 injuries for that (which can happen but not for an extended period). Maybe St-Denis gets called-up as a safety measure if we're down to 6 healthy defensemen but don't expect to see Beaulieu or Tinordi for more than an odd game or two.
On defense:

I hope that Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, and Pateryn only get 2-5 games this year in Montreal. Let them see the big leagues to energize and motivate them and then send them back down to Hamilton so they can properly dominate and learn. Now is not their time. In psychology research, it's well established that learning is maximized when one is struggling is not too much. The AHL is perfect for those guys next year.

Yannick Weber, Raphael Diaz, and Fred St-Denis have their last chance this year. Kaberle should be traded at the first offer that is a 2nd rounder or better.

On offense:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Gomez-Eller-Moen
Prust-Noke-Armstrong
spares: White

That strategy would maximize the potential cumulative trade value of Cole, Gionta, Bourque, Gomez, and Armstrong. It is also good for Eller's development.

There are tons of spots on that forward corps for injury call-ups, unless I'm forgetting 3 or 4 spares.