View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Der Jaeger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I guess I don't understand why it's a stretch to compare 1 pair and not the other...

it seems the criteria for comparing Ennis/Briere was a simplistic style of play comparison... while the criteria for comparing Hodgson/Drury is a much more detailed threshold

???

Maybe 'tip can clarify for me?

I also refuted the claim that made it seem as though Hodgson hasn't demonstrated the same leadership/clutch skills at the same point in his career.

I guess I'm confused as the why the original statement didn't read, "although Ennis and Briere have similar traits, it's a stretch to compare them, Briere was a 30 goal/90 pt player in Buffalo, Ennis isn't that player yet".

Wasn't Briere a leader and clutch too? Has Ennis demonstrated those skills any more consistently then Hodgson?

just seemed like a statement dripping in bias
I can't speak for Sabretip. Here's my position: I think the Briere-Ennis and Drury-Hodgson comparisons are valid. I took his argument as a break. Eg: slow down, he's not Drury yet. And I agreed. Though I do believe that if both develop, they'll be close comparisons.

For me, the comparisons aren't statistically based. It was style of play, role on the team. I'm all for the stats comparisons, though, and I didn't realize Hodgson and Drury were that close statistically.

Der Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote