View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 04:07 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
As much as I would love to see it, I dont see the team scoring 36 more goals than last year.
See, I don't think it's a stretch at all. Simmonds scored 28 last year while playing 3rd line minutes. He's going to get top six ice time and as well as 1st unit PP time. I don't think it's a stretch for him to add 5 to 7 more goals to his total this year.

Voracek is going to be playing with Giroux and Hartnell, so I can see him easily adding an additional 10 to 12 goals to his total. He's got the speed and play making ability to keep up with the two and I can see Claude and Hartnell benefiting from that as well.

Briere had an off year last year, but he's usually good for 30 to 35 goals a year, so there's some additional scoring added there. I also think the two sophmores in Schenn and Couturier will also add to their goal totals from last year. Schenn should easily get 20 and Couturier had 13 while playing 4th line minutes. Couturier is going to get 17 to 18 minutes a night, so I don't think it's a stretch that his numbers go up significantly from last year.

The biggest jump I gave was Meszaros and him scoring 14 this year. With Carle gone and with Timonen getting older, I can see the Flyers using Meszaros on the point and letting him unleash his bomb of a shot from there. He should easily hit double digits in the goal department. Talbot, Fedotenko and Wellwood will probably be given a decent amount of ice time and will play on the third and fourth line throughout the season, so I don't think it's a stretch that those three will hit double digits in the goals either.

Laviolette likes to let his skaters skate and he likes the aggressive forecheck system. That system will always help with a player's numbers. I don't think it's out of the question that a jump in goals can happen.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote