View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Drizzt1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskogien View Post
We aren't a cup team and Johnson is better than a #3 defenseman.

How do you suggest we get a 'true superstar' without trading away the future? (Parise and Suter were going to sign with Minny no matter what)

And actually, yes we still have quite a young roster: Duchene 21, O'Reilly 21, Stastny 26, Landeskog 19, McGinn 23, Jones 27, Downie 25, EJ 24, Wilson 25, Varlamov 24.

Mueller is always a question mark and you cannot rely on guys that can be one hit away from having their career ended. You always have to keep a spare forward on hand for when he inevitably gets hurt.

McClement wanted ice time as a 3rd liner. He would be 4th behind Stastny, Duchene and O'Reilly, so there was no way he was going to sign here (Avs offered more than what he accepted in Tor).

O'Reilly is an RFA, as long as he is signed by the start of the season, who cares how long it takes?

And I do not believe Sherman has anything to do with the marketing department of this team..
I don't know. His 26 points, and minus 7 didn't instill me with that much confidence. A true number one succeeds DESPITE those around him (see Mark Streit, Shea Weber etc).