vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
Tlusty E. Staal Semin
Jokinen J. Staal LaRose
Skinner Welsh Ruutu
Bowman Brent Dwyer
Nodl/Stewart
I don't hate the "spread em out" concept, but if you're going to do something like that, why not keep the Skins-Finns together on the 3rd line and reshuffle the top two lines a bit:

Passenger X-E. Staal-Semin
Tlusty-J. Staal-LaRose
Skinner-Jokinen-Ruutu

Passenger X could be Bowman, Welsh, Dalpe - whoever steps up and earns a spot in preseason. EStaal and Semin should push the flow of play enough that a halfway decent player can be productive.

Tlusty and LaRose are both solid 2-way presences, along with JStaal this line could score a bit and play crucial defensive shifts. I firmly believe JStaal is the kind of player capable of elevating the play of his linemates and despite the jokes, it's not like LaRose is dogmeat.

Skinner-Jokinen-Ruutu is your ace in the hole, take advantage of matchups and catch teams off-guard. Lots of teams will have no answer for this group because they are throwing their top defensive centers at the EStaal line and the JStaal line provides just enough offense where they can't relax there either.

You'd have to roll all 3 lines pretty evenly and the fourth line would be nothing more than an occasional shift and PK duties, but I think it could work.

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote