View Single Post
Old
04-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Kritty

vCash: 500
I've never been a big fan of midget rankings. The top few players are pretty much can't miss types for the CHL, but after that it is really a crapshoot. There are all kinds of cases of late round picks and walk-ons turning into big time players. The rankings really mean little. Plus the fact that I wonder how far some of these scouts actually travel. Living in northern ontario, all I see on these rankings is the Thunder Bay Kings. Yes, a good program, but over the last 4-5 years, not very strong individual talent. There are 2 other midget AAA programs in the region and rarely do any of those players even make one of these scouting lists, but I can say for a fact having seen alot of the midget hockey in the area in the past number of years, there are players on both Kenora and the Superior Eagles that could play OHL hockey. I know players from the Great North League and from the southern Ontario leagues that get drafted, and I can say that the northern Ontario kids can compete with them. But for whatever reason, scouts don't care.