View Single Post
Old
08-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Nick the Viking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterEmpire View Post
Those are all great points but Florida has a big variable to it's success in it's young talent. If one or two of them just explode onto the scene next year than Florida is a better team than they were last year.
I don't think that variable is enough - none of their young talent are likely game breakers or game changers; Huberdeau is still not built to play against men and while he may be a star one day, he's likely to return to the CHL unless he blows the socks of the execs in training camp. Gudbrandson will be solid next year but won't be a game-changer IMO. He needs time to mature too.

Sure, there's a small chance one of those guys, or one of the lesser prospects (Grimaldi, Howden, Petrovic etc) breakout but I think there's a greater chance of that happening in 2-3 years

This year they're in tight against a division in which most teams have improved, if not greatly improved as they've arguably stayed on par (I say arguably because I personally think they're down a couple notches loose Garrison and adding Kuba...)

Nick the Viking is offline   Reply With Quote