08-04-2012, 11:59 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 500
.... interesting:

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=274

Quote:
Yzerman believes players with three seasons of junior experience should be allowed to play in the American Hockey League. As it stands, junior-aged players can play only in the Canadian Hockey League or in the NHL.

“We talk about it all the time,” Yzerman told the Tampa Bay Times. “We would like to have, particularly guys who have played three years in junior that when we feel it’s time to go to another level, we’d rather see them in the American League.”

However what was more interesting is what was said about this on CBC’s Hotstove:

Francis: The agreement between the CHL and the NHL ends in July. I’ve talked to some people in the CHL, they are furious at the mere mention of this because they really think it would hurt the biggest developmental league the NHL has.

My take: The fact it ends in July is a HUGE detail for this issue. The CHL-NHL agreement has been a huge secret and so hard to get any actual information on, so such a crucial aspect being revealed is significant. Next is the CHL’s complaint about the league suffering, here was what I said on that last year:
I didn't hear anything about it either expiring or being renewed, so I wonder what the status is, or if that will be addressed after the CBA (which means Murphy could play in the AHL during the lockout).

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote