View Single Post
Old
08-04-2012, 05:29 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
That's desperately reaching to try come to the same unfounded conclusion Russo did. From your own quote:

Even the part you bolded doesn't strongly imply anything other than "after camp we might consider it, but right now we're not touching anything." In fact, from Fletcher earlier in the article:

He's very explicit that he will not be making any moves before camp is over. And just the final nail in the coffin:

Edit to add: When's the last time a trade has actually occurred after camp but before the season? Trades in October and November are almost unheard of. Things sometimes start to open up in December, but those are still extremely rare. The players we go into camp with will be the players we come out of it with outside of promotions/demotions/waiver claims.
it's not reaching--it's an opinion based on a quote. And yes I realize what he said the rest of the statement and all together it spelled out: No plans until after camp. That said he mentioned both injuries and unexpected performances a couple times each with regards to what he expects from every camp.
We haven't gone into a camp ever with a starting roster OR prospect field this strong with our ***** this far up against the roster limit so I don't believe anything in the past is comparable. I don't know if you have the idea i think a trade is imminent but I don't...I agree nothing is likely to happen until after camp.

And I think trades are likely only because he'd rather get something for a displaced NHL roster guy than risk waivers, but that's been hashed out in another thread. I don't think he HAS to trade anyone considering the final spot is earmarked for Brodin.