View Single Post
Old
08-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Milhouse40

vCash: 500
Oh boy.....i don't know where to start!!

1- Tanking.....hummmm....you actually start thinking about tanking after 30-40 matchs in a season: NOT BEFORE TRAINING CAMP. Sorry, but that's against the spirit of sports....not just hockey....all sports.

2- Surprises always happens....Mayby Galchenyuk will take the 1st line center spot right away, Mayby Eller will explode and grab a top 6 spot, Mayby Beaulieu will earn his place, Mayby a big trade is coming....who knows?? Last summer, nobody and i mean NOBODY expected Pacioretty - DD - Cole would be our first line....never underestimated the element of surprise.

3- Is the Habs are that bad???

On paper....Bourque, Gionta, Cole and Pacioretty are all usually +25 goals scorers.
Plekanec use to be a 20-30 goals player
Desharnais and Eller can become 20 goals players

That's 7 players able to put 20 goals and more....7 forwards out of twelve!!!

At defense, we got Markov, used to be 60-65 points player..but let's say 50 (injury)
Kaberle also used to out up around 50 points a season
Subban can also put a 40-50 points season.

3 defensemen out of 6 able to put 50 points.

One of the best young goaler with Price
One of the best open ice hitter with Emelin
One of the best useful tough guy with Prust
One of the best D to block shoot and shutdown guy with Gorges

And a ******** of tough customers whit Ryan-Moen-Bouillon ansd White

And much much much more better depth in case of injury with Beaulieu, Holland, Tinordi, Gallagher, Goeffrion, Dumont, St-Denis, Desjardins.

There's a lot of good things to get ride off to become a "tanking team"

And the things you forget.....if we tank, not sure any UFA will want to sign here!!

4- Gettin some draft pick????

How many do you need?, I'm not against it, but we already got 4 picks in the 2 first round.
We already have Eller, Desharnais, Pacioretty, Leblanc, Subban, Price, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Glachenyuk, Collberg, Gallagher, Ellis just to name those players as young future good players.

Lots of good young players
Lots of good draft pick

And already too much player already with the team!!!!!

Tanking???
Well mayby, but we'll see after 40 games......For now, there's too much good things to stop trying to win!!