View Single Post
Old
08-04-2012, 11:38 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
The one difference between now and 12-18 months ago is that this team is reaching a place where it can actually consider trading Clutterbuck. The FA additions and prospects coming down the pipeline have made it so we have more options now. While Clutz still holds more value to us as opposed to being on a roster of a legit contender, we're no longer stuck in a situation where every guy is guaranteed a spot due to lack of depth. Internal competition is gonna rock this year!

One or two years ago, it felt as though Clutterbuck was irreplaceable. We didn't have anyone like him, and losing the guy would have hurt big time. Back then, if you asked fans who they thought were the most important players on the team, he probably would have been listed in the Top 5. Call me crazy, but when you have a 3rd or 4th liner finishing higher in importance over most of the top 6, defence, and goaltending.....well.....your team is a bit thin. That changed this past year. He has become replaceable, and deciding to move him is actually a great problem to have.

Would I mind seeing him stay? Not at all....though I want the guy from the 2010-2011 season. Wasn't the same player last year. Would I mind seeing him go? No, if that means getting something decent in return. The important thing is that we get something for him. No more letting decent pieces go for free.

Good news is, there's no rush. Fletch can wait for a good offer.