View Single Post
Old
08-05-2012, 02:40 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Bud probably should have showed a little more patience, he might have his name on the cup right now. There is no reason to think that he wouldn't have improved on his AHL numbers and gotten a call up this year. I don't blame the guy for going for the money, but he has to realize that it damaged his NHL chances. If he's waiting for a sure thing one-way contract, he won't be in the NHL until he hits UFA in 4 years or whatever.

Voynov went through the same thing. He stuck it out 3 full years in the AHL when he could have bolted to Russia for a payday. It had to be extremely frustrating for him, but he honed his game and showed loyalty to the organization, and it was rewarded with the ultimate prize.

I don't think DL would hold a grudge against Bud, but you can bet if he came back over he would have to work his way back up the ladder. He would have to have a heck of a camp for sure, if he even comes over.
I think it hurt his chances of becoming a king for sure, but I disagree it hurt his chances on becoming an nhler. If anything, it may have helped his chances.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote