View Single Post
Old
08-05-2012, 07:14 AM
AmeriHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
I actually think this is not bad. And it distributes the smurfs well, with a couple of changes:

Pac Eller Cole could be huge, literally and in scoring. Could see 80 goals from this line, maybe more. And it gives Eller the experience DD got last year. Let's see what he can do with 2 great wings.

BORK BORK BORK could be motivated by Plek and Gio, the 2 hard workers. I could see 60-65 goals there depending on BORK, and decent D play.

If Armstrong is healthy,a big if, I do Moen DD Armstrong. 2 tough big guys with some scoring, and experience, with DD. If anyone has the skill to feed guys who need good passes to score, it's DD. It's a line that could surprise with 40-45 goals, and responsible D.

Now this is where it gets interesting:

Gomer between Prust and White. Sounds strange, but I think this could be a killer energy line, with good puck possession. A miserable line to play against, an injure you line. White and Prust bang bodies, cover their wings, and Gomer picks up the loose pucks. No need for big scoring, but Gomer is still Gomer for god's sake, I could see him feeding the guys on the forecheck for 10 each, and who know? 5 of his own.

Although Gomer on the 4th seems stupid, it's a new way of at least getting some value from him. If he plays like a No. 1 or 2 C, fine, move him up, if not, he can be a huge plus factor for us on the '4th' line. And at this point, he might just be grateful to help any way he can.

25 goal energy shutdown injure you 4th line? Say 20. That's not bad.

Of course with injuries that lineup will not stay, but in theory, conservatively, that is a defensively responsible forward lineup that could produce 200 goals.

It's a bit of two 1st lines, two 3rd lines model. Interesting.

Max Eller Cole
BORK Pleky Gio
Moen DD Armstrong
White Gomer Prust
I like it. It's pretty close to what I was saying. I know more will find this lineup appalling splitting up last years top line thinking "if it's not broke, don't fix it", but 15th last year..... It's broke...

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote