View Single Post
Old
08-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Mitchell - Brodziak - Clutterbuck will be a good 3rd line.

Clutterbuck and Mitchell have decent speed to enter the offensive zone, while both Brodziak and Mitchell can play a decent puck possession, and passing game. Clutterbuck will hit everything in sight, all while potting in a few goals.
And where does Cullen go? You can't put him on the 4th line, and if Butch is healthy, you don't take him out of a top-6 role.

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Seto-Granlund-Butch/Cullen

That means one of a couple possibilities shake down: Either Mitchell or Clutter end up on the 4th line, or, if Clutter stays on the 3rd line, he'll likely have to play his off-wing position. He'll *NEVER* hit 20 goals playing off-wing, and he won't get the minutes to be a hits leader if he's on the 4th line.

This is the crux of why I think Clutter should be the most tradeable asset on this team. Plenty of other teams likely still see him as a 200+ hits ~20 goal winger, but with the influx of talent we've got coming, I don't see him ever getting 20 goals with us again, and he just plain shouldn't be getting the kind of ice time that will let him be #1 in hits again.