View Single Post
Old
08-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Freeptop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscles4Malkin View Post
These polls are kinda stupid. People vote Bortuzzo and Strait 'cause they are closest to NHL ready. But what's their upside? Not very high, so that's why I vote someone like Blueger, Kühnhackl or Marcantuoni for example and I think I'll vote Blueger.
Why is it stupid? Yes, Blueger, Kuhnhackl and Marcantuoni have a potential higher upside, but they also have a greater potential to bust out entirely. It's that latter factor that leads many to rank them lower than the guys that have already played in NHL games and not looked out of place. These rankings are fluid - as prospects demonstrate whether they'll reach their potential or not, their rankings will change. Personally, I expect that many people's rankings will end up changing following training camp, for example.

Frankly, though, I think that ignoring the very real possibility that the prospects you listed might bust out completely is a bit optimistic. Particularly since all of them were drafted outside the first round, and none of them has played a single pro game between them.

Freeptop is offline   Reply With Quote