View Single Post
Old
08-05-2012, 04:12 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
I've said before that Boyle certainly brings a host of abilities this team sorely lacks. I just don't see a pipeline bursting with NHL ready defenseman.

We've got Olsen as the only guy close with upside. Stanton while close to ready is a finished product. He's a #7 at best. Clendening and Johns are each in college and won't be viable NHL options til next year at the earliest. Lalonde is a less defensively responsible Brian Connelly.

Would love to send a forward prospect out for Boyle, but in regards to NHL ready defensive depth? Past a question mark in Montador we've got a whole bunch of nothing and Olsen
In the scenario I am working out, Rangers may trade some of their Ds, this move is designed to cushion that blow; so while there can be some discussion about something in lieu or or in addition to Biron coming along with Boyle --- who I believe most of you agree is useful, just not sure as to the price --- the return must be Olsen + X, because Rangers would need an NHL ready D.

McNeil is very interesting, and along upgrade to Boyle, to which Rangers would have to add a pick, but would still prefer something around Boyle + x for Olsen + y.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote