Thread: Review: Sherwood Nexon n12 stick
View Single Post
Old
08-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Devil Dancer

vCash: 500
Sherwood Nexon n12 stick

After breaking a Supreme TotalOne after just two months, I decided I'd try to find a stick that could come close in performance for less money. I use an intermediate, so my options are fairly limited, and my search led me to the new Sherwood Nexon n12, which retails for around $170 here in the U.S. I think I paid around $220 or $230 for the TotalOne.

It seems as though very few people at the rink and here on HF have tried the new line of Sherwoods, so here are some thoughts:
  • In terms of weight, the n12 is comparable to the highest-end Bauers.
  • I'm happy with the balance, but I may not be experienced enough with various sticks to know when balance is off.
  • It feels a bit flimsy, which makes me think durability may be a problem, but I have no way to know exept to play with it, as I've only used it for three games so far.
  • Blade pattern choice is pretty limited, with only two choices at most retailers I've seen.
  • So far, I really like it. I had a great tournament over the weekend using the n12 for the first time, I scored a bunch, and my shot with the n12 is indistinguishable from my shot with the TotalOne, and the One95 and X:60 I used before it.

In short, I like the feel and performance of the n12, and I recommend it on all levels except for durability. I just haven't had it long enough to comment on that. It seems like a competitive stick at a significantly lower price point than high end sticks from the major stick manufacturers.

Last edited by Jarick: 06-06-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote