Thread: Is it to late?
View Single Post
Old
04-25-2006, 10:28 PM
PMP5030

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank19
I know a guy that didn't start playing until he was 22. He couldn't skate a lick at first but he would rollerblade in the summer and he took some powerskating courses. He's one of the best skaters I've seen now.
This pretty much describes me. I didn't know a thing until I started skating at 23 (31 now). I spent 1 year learning to skate (and taking a power skating course in the meantime, I highly recommend), and practicing handling an inline puck before I ventured out to drop-in hockey at age 24. I joined the local beer league at 25 and now play in 2 leagues regularly. I've become good enough where others usually assume I played some kind of organized hockey in the past (high school, college club, etc.), and I've played against NCAA Division 1 players and not embarrassed myself.

Quote:
And please, if you do love hockey just do it. It's too great of a sport NOT to try.
Absolutely! For anyone on the fence out there, no matter your age, GO FOR IT!! I'm fired up now for my spring league game tomorrow night!

PMP5030 is offline   Reply With Quote