View Single Post
Old
08-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Fleury14
Kipper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayzinSmith View Post
They're not. They were a lot more card companies, and each one made multiple sets that printed tons of cards. Remember buying a pack of 10-24 cards for a 25 cents to a dollar? 'Cause that's what they were worth. Players went from having 1-2 cards a year to 15+. New players from there have at least a dozen different rookie cards.

Stuff before 1988 or 1989 is usually worth something (if it's a rookie and/or a good player), and 2000+ if they are numbered, autographed, and/or have a jersey piece in them. Otherwise, that's about it. Whatever you paid for the pack is pretty much what they're worth, so collect for yourself, not money. W/ so many cards available (and eBay), they're not much demand. I still buy them and collect for fun. I don't particularly care that my cards are worth, on average, probably 10 cents each, because I'm not selling them. I probably have around 20,000 cards.
Yeah, basically any cards made from 1989-2000 basically have zero cash value. There's a handful with some value from the late 90's, cards numbered to 100 or less or the first jersey cards from upper deck in the late 90's, but anything else from that period can be had for $0.99 or less.