View Single Post
Old
08-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Lagoon View Post
You are short-changing the guy. 4th on the Wild in goals last season, 2nd the year before. Not bad for a guy who is busy leading the league in hits, or nearly so.

Given that he is not invited to post season tournaments and has plenty of off-season in which to recover, and is only 24, I think he's a long-term keeper. He plays 70+ games a year and fills a great niche on the 3rd line.

I'd keep him at twice his current salary.
And you are likely in a severe minority there. Being towards the top of this team's goal scoring isn't saying anything worth mention, we've been a TERRIBLE team in regards to goalscoring for a long while now, being towards the top of that particular pile of garbage is nothing to hang your hat on.

I've got doubts that his body can handle his style of play for any more than a couple more years, and he doesn't bring enough to the table otherwise to make me want to keep him around.

With the people we've got coming to this team in the very near future, he will see his role with us diminish, his ice time will not be what it had been in years past. That means that his stats will drop, which means his value will drop. This is a clear case of selling high on someone who is very likely replaceable.