View Single Post
Old
08-05-2012, 10:07 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
It was actually Fletcher talking in a video interview.
Yeo has said the same too.

Quote:
Mikael Granlund is expected to end up centering the second line for the Minnesota Wild this coming season, but the organization's top prospect could see some time at wing as well.

"We still don't have a set plan on that yet," coach Mike Yeo told "Judd & Phunn" last week on 1500 ESPN. "I know that first day of camp he will be starting at center. But having said that, there's a good chance that he may bounce around during the course of the season next year.

"So are we better to give him an opportunity to play a little bit of both? I don't know. But I do know from day one of training camp next year I want to give him a chance at center. He's playing center (at the recently completed prospects camp).

"I think he looks really good there, especially when he's carrying the puck through the middle of the ice. On the big ice, he looks really good. His ability to distribute the puck to either side. To get the puck to a guy like Devin Setoguchi or Matt Cullen or Pierre-Marc Bouchard and give them an opportunity to create something off that is really intriguing.

"I also think it gives him the best chance to succeed. (Center is) his natural position, he's used to playing on the bigger ice surface so get him in little bit more of an open ice situation and I think it gives him his best opportunity.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?