View Single Post
Old
08-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Lagoon View Post
Nonetheless, I'm talking about a real player with real results. Dump on his achievements all you want, but until somebody steps up and takes his place, you're wishing on dreams.

He's played 70+ games the last 4 years. He's going to wear down? How? By having an entire summer to rest and recuperate? The guy is 24, hardly a has-been on his last legs.

I'd surely trade him if the return was worthy, but you are suggesting he is garbage, which I staunchly disagree with.
And now you're putting words in my mouth.

He is what he is, someone who belongs on the 3rd line. We've got at least 1 or 2 prospects that should replace him within the year (Bulmer and Zucker in my eyes, maybe Larsson depending on where they envision him positionally).

If you could get a first round pick for a 3rd liner, and you pass it up because he's a "fan favorite" who was one of the top goal scorers on the worst scoring team since the lockout... That's really, REALLY poor asset management to me. Especially if Clutterbuck thinks he's worth anywhere near 3 million a year...

Look, I don't hate the guy, I'm just not infatuated with him in any way. He plays a role on this team that is replaceable, and he's a guy who's trade value will quite likely never be higher than it is right now.

Trade him out East, get a 1st round pick likely in the 20's and move on.