krazy kanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan3035 View Post
Lepkowski Buonomo(OA)
Yuill Ekblad
Laser Traded Depth Dman
Garcia
This defence makes a lot of sense. Buonomo absolutely should be back - the image of him in between periods after OT in the playoffs was one of the defining moments for this team last season. I think that he provides great leadership and pairing him with Lepkowski to take on the top scoring lines will take the pressure off of Ekblad and Yuill to shine offensively. It's time for these two to start playing together...and playing together a lot...in 2013-2014 they will be absolutely unstoppable. I predict they'll effectively be the Niedermeyer-Pronger combination of the OHL playing 30-35 minutes a game. Add in Fotinos in net and it will be very difficult to score on next year's Colts team...

A unique look would be to keep both Buonomo and O'Connor. Do without the OA forward (or trade Niederberger) and make this team's strength the D. Imagine:

Lepkowski - Buonomo
Yuill - Ekblad
Laser - O'Connor
Garcia

If need be, trade O'Connor at the deadline...those puck moving D fetch a ransom at that time of year...the team shouldn't lose sight of the fact that 2013-14 is the target year.

Unfortunately, I won't be around to watch much in person for the foreseeable future. For the first time in years I won't have season tickets. I'm moving to Edmonton (already splitting time there) so I guess it's Oilers hockey for me. I won't be able to bring myself to cheer for former Spitfire Hall (I think I'm going to start calling sports talk shows to suggest a Hall for Little and Scheifele deal ). As far as junior goes, the Rebels are my WHL team so I'll make some trips down to see them live...and I'll be relying on you guys (plus OHL streaming) to keep track of the Colts!

This team should be a lot of fun this year - enjoy!