View Single Post
Old
12-03-2003, 09:45 AM
USC Trojans
AD

vCash: 500
The Sun today was writing about how Pisani and Smyth are struggling to find goals....hmmm, I wonder why...oh, that's right, you're on a checking line, you're supposed to be shutting down the other team's offense.

I think the team is suffering from an identity crisis. If I'm not mistaken, the first line is the primary scoring line, the second is the secondary scoring line, the third is a checking line, and the fourth is an energy line. I just don't get why our best forward is playing on the checking line with two defensive players...so do they want them to score? or do they want them to defend against the other team's top line? I think one of the reasons the Oilers are struggling recently is because no one really knows their role on the team. Is Torres a disturber or a scorer? Is Isbister a 2nd line power forward or a 4th line plugger? Is Chimera a 4th line energy player or a top line winger with Oates? The MacT blender has been puree'ing the team so much that I don't think the players know what their roles are anymore.