View Single Post
Old
08-06-2012, 01:15 AM
topshelf15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I am not all that concerned about Jarnkrok cracking the top 6. He is already winning mens leagues on a first line and making the World Championship cuts for Sweden. He won't spend any time in the AHL, he is a poor mans Backstrom when I have watched him play in Sweden. I really do mean that in a nice way, the Z comparisons are made because of the Wings and their very similar development. We will get to learn even more about Calle next season as he is the number one option on that team with Silfverberg moving on to the NHL. Most of my feelings on him come from actually watching him play online, he has incredible hockey sense and makes quick decisions. He answered most of his weight questions and should come over at 190 after next season. Has plus speed even by NHL standards, he should transition well with one low 30 to 40 season before becoming 50+ point guy. He is the real deal, we will have to wait and see, but I really wish they would give him an outright chance to make the team this year, because he probably would. The older Wings raved about him during the World Championships.

The Smith stats are a limited sampling but he was a point every other game player during his 14 game callup. I am curious to see what he does his rookie season but he should be north of 30 points as a reasonable expectation.
Iam excited to see him play this season ,but i dont think he will be as big a scorer as he was in the SEL ,he looks more like a 15 to 20 goal 40 point two way forward

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote