View Single Post
Old
08-06-2012, 01:48 AM
Thepandamancan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibster31 View Post
I'm not trying to sound like a *********. However, when I was playing minor hockey...my parents always bought me top of the line goalie gear. Every two years, I would get a new set. I've come to appreciate what my parents have done for me throughout minor hockey, and in life.

With that being said, I left the house when I was 18. Now that I'm 24, and married...playing beer league, I've realized how hard it is to buy top of the line gear. I no longer play in net, and switched to playing out. I still buy top of the line of the gear, as I'm still into the sport. Again, not trying to sound like a *********...but I'm so used to top of the line gear, I can't go back.
There's a lot to be said about top of the line gear...cause at the end of the day if you don't plan on upgrading every season, they should last you years. I wouldn't recommend getting your 10 year old a set of total one pads since he/she will grow out of it in a week, but for us adults I think it's fine to splurge on something that will be durable and protect us a little better than the low end models.

Sticks however, I think are not worth the 250 price tag. Guys in the NHL could do what they do (maybe just not as well and consistently) with a 20 dollar street hockey stick you can buy at a local sporting good store.

Thepandamancan is offline   Reply With Quote