View Single Post
Old
08-06-2012, 08:03 AM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblick View Post
Not really. Grubauer had a solid first season in SC last year, and Sabourin's a solid backup who could step in as a starter if needed. I wouldn't have minded having some experience behind them, but we'll be going with 2 kids (Anderson & Kostenko) in Reading.

Slight concerns about the defense in front of them, conditionally. If Schilling doesn't make the Caps, he'll be a 25-minute a game guy for us, and you can live with McNeill, Stafford, Kundratek, Brouilette, Marshall, Oleksy & depth behind that. Drop Schilling, and you've got a deep, but not really noteworthy corps there. Not too sure about what help we could get if the NHL goes out, but I can't believe they'd be that stupid again given that it almost killed the sport the first time. Overall, it should be a fun season in the East.
One solid ECHL season doesn't necessarily mean that Grubauer will have success at the AHL level. Hershey has had recent success with ECHL grads in Neuvirth and Holtby, but at some point the law of averages is going to catch up with them.

IMO Sabourin was mediocre at best last season and may not have much left in the tank. I was honestly suprised that he was re-signed so quickly with a number of UFA goalies available.

Reading should be fun to watch this year with Anderson and Kostenko.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote