08-06-2012, 09:20 AM
BenchedGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
Today, as stated above, our top six may be:
Puempel / Faksa / Rieder
Thomson / Marcantuoni / Sterk

But keep in mind that whether or not AC returns as an OA, Spott will be bringing in 2 more OA's. Likely a d-man and a forward. If we are going for it this year, that OA forward that he brings in has to play on our top two lines. The only way he doesn't is if there's another deal made to bring in a '93 forward to play on our top six. With this in mind, Sterk would automatically be the guy bumped off the top six.

I also believe that to get our forward group, at least the top two lines, to the calibre of last year's top two lines, we have to have an OA forward to replace Catenacci's contribution. Therefore, I'm expecting the OA forward Spott brings in should easily play on our top six.

Potential? I'll eat my hat if any of those guys are returned to junior for 2013-14 outside of Faksa. All the rest will have AHL eligibility and I don't think we've ever employed an import player as an OA. This HAS to be our year to go for it - especially since last year was an opportunity missed by our management staff what with us sitting on our hands at the deadline while we were a top 10 CHL ranked team. When you are in that position, you better realize that there is a very good possibility to go far in the playoffs, and act accordingly. We didn't. A little more depth would have gone a long way when we were struck by injury.
I say potentially pending on their year they have coming up. If anyone struggles then there is a potential that they could be back. Realistically I dont anticipate any of them coming back. If anyone I could see Murphy if he starts out the same way as last year but really dont expect any to be back.

I didnt see camp officially announced but yes that is typically when it starts. Players come a week before to get customized with schedules and billetts.