View Single Post
Old
08-06-2012, 10:27 AM
jwolf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
With that kind of logic, the Edmonton Oilers are screwed. Guys like Hall, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins and now Yakupov are all there. So they will not grow with the first few seasons of their young careers being a flush? Not that I am suggesting you're absolutely wrong, but some players do grow through awful seasons. It builds character and tells a lot about yourself if you're able to handle it and keep going.

As for this year though, I'd rather wait until game 25-30 before talking seriously about it. To discuss a tank before pre-season has even started is way too early. However by game 30, if the Habs are dead last in the East, I would think it's time to start stock-piling picks, trading contracts out and building a more solid foundation for the future.
I agree wholeheartedly with the second part. No need to think strategic tank until we know how these guys will play with each other. If they're crap by Christmas, then this topic gains momentum.

If, however, they're in the mix or even ahead of most - which isn't completely outside the realm of possibility - I hope we give the T word a rest. I know there are some of us that feel we need to stockpile more picks and assets if we're ever going to win another cup, but I disagree.

With Galchenyuk, Price, Subban and Pacioretty we have a youth core that many would consider elite. Add Gorges, DD, Eller, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Collberg and Ellis to the line-up in supporting or secondary scoring roles and you have a team that will be competing for the cup in the next 3-5 years.